Tuesday, February 24, 2009

"You don't have a name for it yet here on earth"


My mom bought Makena a very fitting print from the Story People that says:

"Are you a princess? I said. And she said, I'm much more than a princess but you don't have a name for it yet here on earth."
EXACTLY!

I am late in blogging - since this post is about Makena's birthday weekend (Feb 13-16). My mom came up from So Cal Friday night and stayed until Monday afternoon - that was great! So Friday night after picking my mom up at the airport, Aidan, my mom and I met my sister Cyndi for dinner. Then Saturday was gymnastics (see Aidan's awesome pike jump below) and cake baking. Cyndi then drove down Saturday afternoon for dinner, cake and presents.


Makena didn't love getting her fingers dirty with frosting - not like Aidan who dove in on his first birthday! Or maybe she just didn't like my cake!

Makena actually had no idea what to make of Cyndi's little dogs Emily and Milo. Our dogs are big, not these little furry, wet faced things! She was a bit timid at first to touch them!

Then Makena opened her presents and got a big hug from her Power Ranger brother. I am sure it was not his choice.


And this picture - well I have NO idea what they were doing when I took this but think it is so funny!


Got a little video of Makena and her awesome dance moves - hard to get on camera these days! (those of you getting via email will need to log in to view)


My mom and I took Aidan to see "Hotel For Dogs" on Sunday afternoon, then met Cyndi for lunch before my mom had to head back to the airport.

Busy but good weekend! Makena loved all the gifts she received from everyone! I still cannot believe she is a year old and Aidan is on his way to 4!

No comments: