Friday, February 12, 2010

How life changes in two years

My life changed drastically two years ago. At 12:12pm Feb 12, 2008, Makena Lacie Landgraf was extracted from my belly via c-section. She was 8lbs, 5oz and 19.5in.

Not only was she my first (and only) daughter, but now my second child. I was so happy but so scared...how was I going to deal with two kids? How would I deal with a teenage daughter? The last two years have been crazy, hectic, hysterical (good and bad), loving, frustrating...basically wonderful! Took some time to get into the groove, and I know each stage brings great joy and incredible frustration but I wouldn't do without it.

It is amazing when you look back how much she has grown - physically and intellectually. Makena is definitely testing out the terrible twos lately, but she also brings daily smiles, laughter, hugs, kisses and joy to my heart. The smile on her face when she learns a new "trick" or when we congratulate her on knowing her colors, or being able to buckle her seatbelt is amazing.

It is so wonderful to now see Aidan wanting to be the big brother, play with her, teach her and love her. I hope that relationship continues to grow because it melts my heart.

I realized the other day, that sometimes Makena calls me "mom"...not "mama" or "mommy" as it has been. Don't think I like it! Means she is growing up.

Makena is an extremely intelligent, loving, friendly, funny girl and I cannot wait to see her continue to grow in all these areas. Everyone comments on how cute she is, even with her cracked tooth smile. She is just a happy kid!

As I write this I am getting ready to get you from daycare and I know I will get a huge smile, you will run to me, jump in my arms and give me the biggest hug. You might even grab my face and give me a big kiss. That is the highlight of my day.

I love you my little princess "Noonie", our "Macaroni Penguin", "Macadoodles". Thank you for being in my life.

3 comments:

The Liebenows said...

Happy Birthday Kena! Your post was so sweet and got me all choked up. Have a wonderful weekend! xoxo

Carrie said...

Awww!!! Happy birthday beautiful girl!

Tishelle Ward said...

I am just seeing this! Happy Birthday Kena! We love you and LOVED sharing in your celebration:) Amazing what two can do to our lives huh?:)